Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Feeding The Junkster


Do you ever throw caution to the wind and simply say "Screw it!" to healthful and sensible eating? Do you ever give in to the greedy little junkster that resides hungrily inside you, and order the hot fudge sundae with extra hot fudge? The Pizza with extra cheese, the burger with the works. I do, especially at this time of the year. Between marathon chocolate-making and the usual baking and then my blowout Hanukah bash where I give myself permission to make every over-the-top-ridiculously-extravagant recipe that has captured my fancy during the year, moderation is not even in my vocabulary.
Dinner tonight had the potential for being healthy and sensible, I started out with 2 lbs. of fresh sole. But as I was pondering my sole, I was derailed by the greedy little junkster and decided that I would crush a bag of potato chips (reduced fat in my defense) and melt a little butter and make "fish in chips".

Fish in Chips
Crush 2 c. potato chips in food processor to preferred consistency, add 1 tsp. garlic powder- mix. Melt 2-3 tbsp. butter/marg. Coat 4-6 fish fillets in melted butter, cover in crushed chip mixture. Place in oven at 375F, and bake until fish cooked through and the chips are slightly golden.

3 comments:

Apples and Butter said...

Fish "in" Chips...I love it! I give into my junkster all the time. It's why I spend so much time at the gym. Can I come to your feast?

Alexa said...

Wait a minute, Hanukah is not for another week... I'm dealing with two birthdays, end of year school parties-- oh, yeah and the flu, and this is only the warm up. :)
With the cold weather and the holidays, a little food TLC feels good for the soul... Enjoy, Rachel!

Alexa said...

Happy Hanukah Rachel!