Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cookie Comforts


What in the world is going on? Every time I switch on the TV or radio the news goes from bad to badder. Worse case scenarios are now realities. It all just makes me want to shove my head under my pillow, curl up, and sleep it all off. So I do the next best thing- bake cookies- sweet, warm, homey cookies. Cookies that are soft and chewy and taste of a mellow autumn day. Cookies that are as comforting as a cup of cinnamon tea, and will go perfectly with that cup.

Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
Preheat oven to 350F. In mixing bowl beat 1 1/2 c. packed brown sugar and 1 c. butter until fluffy. Mix in 1 tsp. maple extract and 2 eggs until well blended. Beat in 2 c. flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, and 1 tsp. cinnamon. Scraping bowl until well combined. Stir in 2 1/2 c. oats. Drop dough onto cookie sheets by the heaping tablespoonful. Bake for 15 mins. or until light golden brown.

1 comment:

Alexa said...

I know what you mean. When the news is on, I feel like throwing something at my TV lately. I have something that will cheer you up... A well-deserved award is waiting for you on my blog. Oh, by the way, thanks for the cookie :-)