Thursday, December 24, 2009

Winter Break: Day I




Day one of Winter Break and so far so good. With the assistance of TV, caffeine, an absorbing craft here and there, a daily baking project, and a well-placed play date this should be a snap, of my sanity. Being with kids indoors all day long requires lots of patience and a little creativity, and only a moderate amount of meds. All hilarity aside, I'm going to have to try and pull out my A game for the next week, until mother dear arrives and saves me just in the nick of time (New Year Eve).
Todays cooking/baking project will be tonight's dinner- Pizza. I got premade dough, and they can roll that out. Maybe I'll mix up some sauce, they can help me stir and measure. We can make pizza art with the leftover craft supplies from my kiddie cooking class- I have cardboard circles, red, orange, yellow tissue paper cut into squares, sequins, buttons, glitter glue. A mmm mmm good mixed media pizza.

Pizza Sauce
Sautee 2 -3 chopped garlic cloves in 2 tbsp. olive oil, when garlic become fragrant and slightly golden in tone, dump a can of fire roasred diced tomatoes and a can of tomato sauce, 2 tbsp. of tomato paste. Stir for a while until it gets saucy. Add 1 tsp. oregano, a couple grinds of black pepper. Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes or more.

No comments: