Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Matzah Munching Blues

I got the matzah munching blues. This bread of our affliction is causing me some friction. I get outta bed wishin' for some bread, hopin' for some flavor and a bite to really savor. Instead I'm eatin' matzah, wonderin' whatza (hell) to put atop 'nother slice.
Today I made some black olive tapenade. I used chopped walnuts and roasted a head of garlic for some interesting flavors. It definitely kicks up my usual matzah cream cheese sandwich, but would be even be better on a crusty baguette (oh for a baguette....).

Black Olive Tapenade
Pit 1 - 11/2 c. of brine cured black olives, place in food processor bowl, add 1/4 c. chopped parsley, 2-3 tbsp. chopped walnuts and 1/2 head of oven roasted garlic. Pulse until semi-smooth ( to a subtly coarse texture). Add salt and pepper, and lemon juice if desired.

No comments: