Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Read All About It: Hot & Cheesey French Onion Dip

Last night the ladies of the book (group) gathered for our monthly meeting. We were discussing a book that I didn't even read, but no matter- we usually spend around 10 minutes on the prescribed book and the next 170 enjoying some good old fashioned girl talk, focusing mainly on children, chocolate and shoes. We drink wine and the host of the evening provides some grub. I always try to bring something, and it's usually dessert, but last night I decided to flip things around and make a warm dip to start things off. I am glad to report that we librophiles were really digging (into) the dip. Eating this dip is like reading a real page turner, feet up, in front of a fire: complete comfort and total enjoyment.
Hopefully next month's read will grab me from the get-go, as a typical member of Generation ADD I need to be sucked in immediately or else forget it. There's just too much to read to waste time on boring literature- like a thick 'n juicy cookbook with plenty of color pics, or my latest thing: non fiction about the Tudor period, or the stack of glossy mags on my nighttable. As a former English Lit major I did my time on the dreary important works. Now I get to read for taste not just nutrition.

Hot & Cheesey French Onion Dip:
Preheat oven to 425F. In a med. bowl mix 1 15oz. container ricotta, 1 c. sour cream, 1/2 c. grated parmesan and one envelope of french onion soup mix. Spoon ricotta mixture into a oven proof glass dish (I used a pyrex pie plate), Cover top with with 1 c. shredded mozzarella and 1/4 c. parmesan. Place in oven and cook until cheese melts and turns golden.

No comments: