Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Easy as Pie-shell Cheesecake


I tried to be one of those good, brownie-point scoring parents and it just didn't work out. The good ones seem to have neverending amounts of patience and energy to do stuff like plan end-of-year picnics, and car-seat delegation on class trips, these saint's babysit the entire class during the Teacher Appreciation Luncheon! I just don't have it in me, on about 25 different levels. Instead I've decided to concentrate on what I'm decent at-cooking & baking. Sometimes I'll bake with the kiddles class for a specific holiday (Matzah Lasagne comes to mind) or just to indulge my kid-sized sweet tooth (fruity pebble marshmallow squares- not recommended for anyone over 6). Its fun to see your little critter in the company of other little critters. I handed in a cheesecake recipe for the school newsletter, something easy and creamy and yummy for the upcoming spring-time holiday. Something you can easily do with your little critter/s. Next time I'll bake brownie (points) cheesecake bars.

Easy Dreamy Creamy Cheesecake
Preheat oven to 350F. In a big bowl cream 2 packages of cream cheese together with electric mixer. Gradually add 3/4 c. sugar, 1/2 c. sour cream, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1 optional tbsp. lemon juice (for a slightly tarter taste), beat well. Add 2 eggs, mix, then add 1 tbsp. flour, beat well. Pour and scrape with spatula into ready made graham cracker pie shell. Place in oven for 45-60 mins, until firm and golden around the edge.

No comments: