Friday, May 2, 2008

Marmalade Salsa

As usual, re-entry into regular life proved to be a little bumpy. The weather hasn't been too helpful. I'm ready for the sun. I'm itching to bust out my warm weather wardrobe. I took the kiddles to the park twice this week, in spite of the chilly conditions- in my mind I was thinking: Hell's bells!! It's May already, park time! We're going whether we freeze or not... We went to the park in LA last week and all got sunburnt. Well kiddles, we're not in Cali anymore... But all is not chills and bitter pills, I bought a punnet of beautiful red strawberries the other day, that were delicious and bursting with sweetness- that must mean something good.
Tonight's dinner will be a prayer for tasty and healthy summer livin'. I don't care if I'm forcing it! I've had enough of gloomy weather and winter fruits and vegetables. Gimme color, gimme flavor, gimme sunshine, gimme ripe juiciness (and while I'm asking for stuff, gimme a bikini body)- and gimme it NOW!

Grilled Tuna Steaks with Marmalade Salsa
Grill or broil tuna steaks. In a skillet heat 1 tbsp olive oil add 1 chpped red onion and 2 minced garlic cloves, cook for a minute or two, add 1 chopped tomato, mix into garlic and onions. Add 2-3 tbsp. marmalade and 4 tbsp. balsamic vinegar and, if desired, a tbsp. or two of capers. Stir until bubbling. Spoon over tuna steaks.

No comments: