Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hey! You Got Your Smoked Salmon In My Pizza...


Big boy kiddle recently declared: "I like anything with smoked salmon". Kiddlette decreed that every night should be Pizza Night. This afternoon when I was thinking about dinner and their specific requests I started to recall one of my all time fave classic TV commercials- the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups "Hey! You got your chocolate in my Peanut Butter.....". Taking inspiration from this golden oldie I decided on a smoked salmon pizza for dinner tonight. Stay tuned for "I'm a pepper, you're a pepper, he's a pepper..." Stuffed Peppers. There's an idea that's perfect for Slacker X-ers turned home chefs, a cookbook ironically inspired by the TV commercials of our youth.

Smoked Salmon Pizza
Since I'm somewhat of a Slacker X-er when it come's to pizza dough, I rolled out my purchased pizza dough onto a baking sheet and baked until golden. Mix 1 c. sour cream with 1-2 tbsp. of lemon juice (or half a lemon) and 1 tbsp. chopped chives. Spread sour cream mixture over pizza crust, then open 2 x 4oz. packages of sliced smoked salmon and cover entire surface of "pizza". Sprinkle capers over smoked salmon.
Possible additions: fresh dill in sour cream mixture, red onions, black olives, diced tomatoes, caramelized onions as toppings...

No comments: