Sunday, March 23, 2008

Roasted Veggie Fajitas

I've been under the weather for a week now. It's the usual cold that the kiddles bring home and share with each other and then me. The main issue is that my nose is so stuffed that I cannot taste a thing. It's like cooking blind. And I still have to cook, because there are no sick days in the Mommyhood.
Tonight, inspired by my friend Reever who has a simple, clean, and healthy palette (excepting her voracious obsesssion with chocolate), I decided to make vegetable fajitas. Reever loves vegetables straight and unadorned. I was due at her place this evening for a bit of a computer tutorial. I promised dinner in exchange for her patience. So I set about making these roasted veggie fajitas adding balsamic vinegar so that I would be able to taste something. Reever had seconds, and then patiently walked me through the ins and out of Facebook. All in all a successful evening, that will hopefully end with a Nyquil cocktail.

Roasted Veggie Fajitas
Slice up one red onion, mince 3 garlic cloves and cook in 1tbsp. olive oil. Add 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar, stir periodically, add 2 tbsp.taco seasoning mix. Remove from heat when liquid has evaporated. Set aside. Slice up a red pepper and green pepper, cut wooden stems off bunch of asparagus. Place sliced veggies on baking tray, drizzle with olive oil. Broil in oven until ready. Add balsamic onion mixture to roasted veggies, mix until well melded. Wrap up in a wholewheat burrito, if desired.

No comments: